Time Off


T I M E   O F F

I have lit a candle one hour ago. Finally, at this moment, I have to put out the candle. I was actually hoping that at some point I can extend its capacity, but I am not capable of doing it. Unfortunately, I just have one candle.

Being a book lover can help me to get through with my loneliness.
I am in a sober mood right now. I can’t convince my friends that I am actually doing it. Yes, I am honest with myself. I disposed every guy I am into.  This sober mood was actually an advice from my high school classmate as I’ve told her that I am really struggling in my relationships. (‘Relationships’ because I’ve been with a lot of guys and I am not used in counting them anyway.) I keep holding on the past and I left messy things on the present. This is what I have accustomed from the time being I’ve learned how to love.

         I am always wishing for my one true love. I’m a hopeless romantic. I keep on thinking what will happen in the next few years to come. I am already in my mid-20’s and still, I’m single and proud. My friends are already establishing relationships. Some are married. My best friend has a son already. I am not elaborating this just to tell to myself that I am rushing things, but there are moments that I keep on asking, ‘Why I am still not moving?’. I can’t avoid loneliness and I get jealous at times.
            "Everything has its own reason".
I did not experience receiving a flower from a lover.

Give me some lights my dear. 
       
       Life can be tough. Being sober is my sole decision. I just don’t want to fall in love right now. I have to use my quality time in establishing my priorities. I have my degree to finish in graduate school. I have to go abroad next year. I have to pursue my nursing career. I have to be single at this moment. PERIOD.

       I am planning to continue this journey for about two years or even more. Maybe I can really do it, for I have been single for four years already. I say sorry for all the guys whom I’ve broken their hearts. I have forgiven all the guys who have broken my heart. I’m just a good girl who have placed in a situation where I’m always defeated.




This is just about me.
This is really about my determination in making things possible.

I am hoping that like this sunset my journey will just peacefully allow me to get some colorful memories out of this experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Problems don't stay problems, they turn into something else.'

AMARAH

It's you again, my friend.