T h e N O T E & T h e B L A C K T E A



I received this simple token from my junior nurse the other day that made me happy as her senior and mentor. Working in the health care system seems so impossible to never look out for some glitches like work pressure, endless complaints, and horrible duty schedule, especially if you’re a nurse.  Well, being a nurse for four years was a tough experience already, but I still considered myself as a beginner.
This note had given me an impression that I am more of a mentor now. I should be proud of this. However, I was thinking about writing my thoughts about this realization.
One of my research proposals for my thesis was about nurse bullying. It had pushed me to include this selection to find some comparative study on the hospital violence among nurses in public and private institution. My personal experiences had given me enough reasons to think about it today. Did I experience nurse bullying? Or am I the bully already?
Some people I’ve known in my profession would rather take for granted this issue about bullying. It’s a normal process and more of a challenge especially if you’re in the clinical area. Furthermore, I’m quite disappointed because I do believe that we should not do unto others what you do not want others do unto you. Sadly, bullying became a cycle already in the society. It’s not just happening in the nursing profession, but it seems a widespread scenario.

Helping one another is the essence of workmanship. I helped my junior nurse in her first night shift and I make it sure that she learned something from me. I am quite noble to find this token as a treasured moments as nurse here in the Philippines. It had given me enough inspiration to stay as a nurse in the long run. And I hope I can keep this promise to myself.

 ðŸ˜‡     ✌     ❤     🔜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Problems don't stay problems, they turn into something else.'

AMARAH

It's you again, my friend.